With the start of a new season upon us, I’m bringing back an old favorite series of mine, Coffee Talk! If you’re new here, I invite you to join me for a virtual cup of coffee and chat about a few things as we start the new month. You can read past installments here.
What’s your favorite fall movie?
It has to be You’ve Got Mail! I love this movie so much, almost everything about it. When my husband and I first met, we also corresponded every day like Kathleen Kelly and Joe Fox through their emails (though we weren’t with other people, of course!) It’s a true fall classic and I love listening to “Dreams” by the Cranberries and walking through the city on a perfect fall day.
What’s your favorite fall outfit?
I love getting to break out my vintage Fair Isle sweaters for the first time! Paired with jeans, a pair of Belgians, and my Barbour, I feel the happiest.
Apple pie or apple cider doughnuts?
Apple cider doughnuts! We have a great cider mill nearby and I always eagerly anticipate that first crisp day when I make a cup of tea and bring my doughnut outside for breakfast.
Favorite school supply item?
Definitely a new bag! I used to love picking out what bag I’d use for the school year. However, I only was able to do this a handful of times because I always chose an LL Bean backpack or Boat & Tote and they lasted forever–in fact, the boat & tote I used in high school and college is still in use today!
What’s in your fall bag?
I’m planning a post on this! I love “what’s in your bag?” posts, so I’d love for you to share with me!
7 thoughts on “Coffee Talk”
I’m so happy to see you’ve brought back Coffee Talk! Such a fun series 🙂
1. We have the same favorite fall movie! I quote it all autumn long. That’s such a sweet story about you and your husband corresponding through email.
2. I have a wool skirt with leather buttons and love to pair it w a cream turtleneck. That combo feels like fall to me, plus is perfect for our iffy weather here in Ohio.
3. I’m also Team Doughnut
4. I love buying my daughter’s school shoes each year – uniform saddle shoes are so cute. And bouquets of sharpened pencils, of course!
5. Aveda Hand Relief, extra Chapstick, lengthy to-do list. Looking forward to seeing your ‘what’s in your bag?’ post.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Yay, I love that we have the same favorite fall movie! Have a great Labor Day, too 🙂
Love this! I’m sipping my coffee as I write this.
1. Dead Poets Society is a fall favorite. Dark, yes, but the scenery is beautiful and I love how the boys are so inspired by their teacher.
2. Jeans or corduroys with a blouse, tweed blazer, and riding boots. I honestly can’t wait for boot weather.
3. I’ll choose choice C- apple crisp! Pie is good though.
4. A new calendar/planner always makes the new school year feel like a fresh start.
5. The usuals, with the addition of Aveeno hand cream.
Can’t wait for the next coffee talk!
I love Dead Poets Society! The campus is so beautiful. We used to play St. Andrews in squash and every time we visited I always expected to hear someone shouting “Carpe diem!”
Apple crisp is a GREAT choice and now I wish I’d added it to the list 🙂 Love your ideal fall outfit, too–such a great combination!
1. Dark wash jeans, navy blazer, camel and white stripe sweater, brown vara pumps. Still in DC and still love navy haha
2. Apple cider doughnuts for sure. I can’t wait for our local crop share to have them!
3. I always enjoyed organizing my notes with color coded pens so those would have to be my favorite. I still use my LL Bean backpack from freshman year of HS when I commute to my office haha
4. Wallet, keys, hand sanitizer, phone, slightly darker lip gloss, invisalign case (going on year 2 of adult braces), glasses case (and my 30s are upon me!)
I love all of these! Your fall uniform is one of my favorites as you know 🙂
Whoops! Favorite fall movie would have to be Hocus Pocus haha